Skip to main content

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

That panel about the Ninja Turtles movie really got my engines burning so much that I wrote a 22-page comic... Here it is.

Shaun (the guy who drew the Hitler thing) says he wants to draw this as well. Also, sorry most of the stuff lately hasn't been prose. I've been using up all of my prose on the novel, so as soon as that's done (it's close, I'm pushing 175 pages now and I doubt it will be longer than 250) I'll be back to the normal short stories that you're used to.

Enjoy!


PAGE ONE:
Full Page:
Raphael, in full disguise (trench coat and fedora) is watching a movie.

He’s alone in the theatre.

TEXT BOX
(top left)
My name is Raphael. I am Ninja.

TEXT BOX
(middle left)
I’m also a Teenage Mutant Turtle, hence the
awesome disguise.

TEXT BOX
(middle right)
Sometimes, you just need to go see
a movie to unwind. Especially after a
long day’s training.

CELL PHONE SOUND
(at the bottom of page)
DEET! DEET! DEET!

PAGE TWO:
Panel One:
Raphael is looking at a cell phone.

CELL PHONE SOUND
(running across panel one and two)
DEET! DEET! DEET!

Panel Two:
CLOSE UP of the cell phone. The calling name reads “Casemeister”

Panel Three:
Raph is talking on the phone, trying to be inconspicuous.

RAPHAEL
Hey, Casey I’m in a movie. What’s going on?

Panel Four:
Same as panel Three

CELL PHONE
Raph..zzzz…water front..z..z.z.zzz…attacked…
…ninjas….zzz
Panel Five:
Same as three and four, only Raph looks concerned.

CELL PHONE


Panel Six:
Raphael looks worried, shouting in the phone

RAPHAEL
Casey?! What’s going on? CASEY?!


PAGE THREE:
Panel One (Top half of page)

Raphael (no longer in disguise) is leaping from one rooftop to another, in the background the waterfront can be seen.

TEXT BOX
(top left)
Casey’s in trouble. He said something
about the waterfront. I need to check there first.

TEXT BOX
(middle left)
Problem is, the waterfront is a big place.
I’d ask for help, but Leo and I aren’t speaking.

TEXT BOX
(middle right)
Mike and Donny would help, but Mike forgot
to pay his phone bill this week and Donny
doesn’t have a phone.

TEXT BOX
(bottom right)
And from the sound of Casey’s call, I don’t
have any time to run home for help.

PAGE FOUR:
Panel One. (top third of page)

Raph is looking at the waterfront which spans beyond both sides of the frame. His back is turned.

TEXT BOX
(top left)
I lied. The water front is a very big place.

RAPHAEL
What have you got yourself into this time, Casey?

Panel Two: (left half of middle 1/3 of page)
Close up of Raph, looking around.

TEXT BOX
Look for anything out of the ordinary.
Smoke, sirens, fire, anything…

Panel Three: (right half of middle 1/3 of page)
Side view of Raph, looking around.

TEXT BOX
Anything that might lead me one step closer to Casey.

Panel Four: (left half of bottom 1/3 of page)
By the docks, next to some loading crates , are two guys with ski-masks. They have submachine guns.

Clearly, by the look of them, they are up to no good.

TEXT BOX
Maybe these guys know what happened.

Panel Five: (next ¼ of the bottom 1/3)
CLOSE ON: Raphael gripping a sai…

TEXT BOX
Maybe they don’t.

Panel six: (bottom right ¼ of the page)

TEXT BOX
Either way…

PAGE FIVE:
Panel One: Top half of page

Raphael is leaping down on top of them. They are completely unawares.

TEXT BOX
…I’m going to have some fun.

Panel Two: Left half of bottom half of page
Raphael has driven a sai into each of their guns. He’s taken them completely by surprise.

THUG #1
What the…?

THUG #2
It’s a freak!

Panel Three: Right half of bottom half of page
Raph has the masked thugs by their throats. His sais are lodged into their guns.

PAGE SIX:
Panel One: Top fourth of the page

Raphael, on panel left, has thrown one of the thugs across the panel into some garbage cans. He still holds on to the other by the neck.

Panel Two: 1 of 6 of Middle half of the page

Raphael has the thug slammed against one of the crates. He’s got him with both hands by the shirt.

Even through the mask , the thug looks terrified.

THUG
We weren’t doin’
nothin’.

Panel Three: 2 of 6 of middle half of page
Raphael looking pissed, baring his teeth, his fist is cocked

RAPHAEL
Nothing? Nothing?!

Panel Four: 3 of 6 of middle half of page
Raph is punching the thug in the face

RAPHAEL
Those machine guns tell a different story…

Panel Five: 4 of 6 of middle half of page
Raph is shouting this time, cocking his fist again

RAPHAEL
…only it’s a story I don’t care about right now.

Panel Six: 5 of 6 of middle half of page
The thug is getting punched again. Blood spurts from his face.

Panel Seven: 6 of 6 of middle half of page
Profile of Raph in the guys face, holding up his limp head by his shirt.

RAPHAEL
What do you know about a mook who runs
around town in a hockey mask…?


Panel Eight: Bottom ¼ of page
Raph is on the right side of the panel, crouching over the thugs prostrate body.

RAPHAEL
…goes by the name ‘a Casey Jones.

PAGE SEVEN:
Panel One: Top 1/5 of page
Close On: Raph, crouched in the foreground. Background are the garbage cans.

RAPHAEL
Now, you’re gonna tell me what you know.

Panel two: Next 1/5 of page
Same shot, the thug at the cans is getting up.

RAPHAEL
And if you don’t know anything, well then…

Panel three: Next 1/5 of page
Same shot, the thug at the cans is up, and has resumed a threatening stance.

RAPHAEL
…you better hope I’m in a good mood.

Panel four: next 1/5 of page
Motion lines everywhere, Raph’s hand is releasing a trio of deadly ninja stars.

Panel five: last 1/5 of the page
Same as first three panels, the thug in the background has three ninja stars in him

Raph looks downright pissed.

PAGE EIGHT:
Panel One: Top 1/3 of the page
Raph is again jumping rooftop to rooftop. The waterfront can be seen in the background.

TEXT BOX
(top left)
They didn’t know anything.

TEXT BOX
(Middle Left)
I didn’t really expect them to.


TEXT BOX
(Bottom Left)
I shouldn’t have stopped to beat on them, but I
had to work out some aggression.

TEXT BOX
(bottom middle)
I do my best thinking when I’m
working out my aggression…

TEXT BOX
(bottom right)
But if Casey’s really in trouble, I don’t have
time to do a lot of thinking.

Panel two: Left ¼ of bottom 2/3rds of the page
A profile of Raphael, doing his thing, from the waist up. (he’s always running left to right)

TEXT BOX
(top)
Sirens.

TEXT BOX
(bottom)
I hear sirens.
That could be what I’m looking for.

Panel Three: Right ¾ of bottom 2/3rds of the page

Long shot of an alleyway over looking the waterfront. The bodies of two ninjas are floating in the water.

A police cordon surrounds three more dead ninjas. There’s a police car, siren blaring and three detectives in trench coats looking over the scene.

TEXT BOX
Casey said something about ninjas, but I don’t
see any trace of him. He’s good, but he’s
not that good.

PAGE NINE
Panel One: Top left ¼ of the page
Closer in on the carnage. Two of the trench coated detectives are talking to each other.

DETECTIVE LAMONT
Jesus. Why the hell are there so many ninjas
in this damn city?

DETECTIVE SMITH
What the hell do we know about
ninjas?

Panel two: Top right ¼ of the page
One of the detectives is counting ninja bodies…

DETECTIVE SMITH
Looks like we got five cold ones here.

DETECTIVE LAMONT
(off panel)
Look at this…

Panel three: Bottom left ¼ of page

Smith is turned away, back to the bodies. He has turned to see Lamont kneeling over the splinters of a hockey stick.

DETECTIVE SMITH
Is that a hockey stick?

DETECTIVE LAMONT
Used to be.

Panel Four: Bottom right ¼ of page:
Smith is same as before. Lamont is standing up, scratching his head now.

DETECTIVE LAMONT
I don’t get it.

DETECTIVE SMITH
Me neither.

TEXT BOX
Bingo. This is Casey’s handiwork, to be sure.

PAGE TEN:
Four panels on the top half, three on the bottom.

Panel one:
The ninja’s bodies, shadowed by the alleyway.

TEXT BOX
But I need more to go off of.


Panel two:
Same as panel one.

TEXT BOX
Fortunately for me, I know my way around the shadows.

Panel three:
Same as one and two, except one of the ninja’s bodies are missing.

Panel four:
Same as three.

DETECTIVE LAMONT
(off panel)
So, you want me to call it in? Five stiffs,
costumed as ninjas.

Panel five:
Lamont is looking at the corpses, Smith is behind him.

DETECTIVE SMITH
Yeah.

DETECTIVE LAMONT
Wait a second…

Panel six:
CLOSE ON: Lamont is confused.

DETECTIVE LAMONT
I thought you said there was five
stiffs. I only count four.

DETECTIVE SMITH
(off panel, or in BG)
Check your glasses, Lamont.

Panel Seven:
The view of the bodies.

DETECTIVE SMITH
I’ll be damned. There are four.
One of ‘em must’ve been playing possum.

DETECTIVE LAMONT
Damn ninja’s…

PAGE ELEVEN:
Panel one, top fourth of page, all the way across:
Raph is crouched over the corpse on a rooftop. He’s rifling through it’s clothes.

Panel two: Left half of next 2/4 of page
CU: Raph is holding the ninja’s nunchucks.

TEXT BOX
Too bad ninja’s don’t carry wallets.

Panel three: Right half of next 2/4 of page
CU: Raph is taking a look at the bottom of the ‘chucks. There’s a symbol on the bottom. It looks like a tidal wave rolling in a circle.

TEXT BOX
Well, he’s certainly not in the Foot clan,
but I don’t recognize the symbol.

Panel Four: Bottom fourth of the page, all the way across.
Long shot of Raph, crouched over the body still, holding one of the ninjas throwing stars.

TEXT BOX
(top left)
What I do recognize is this throwing star. It’s a
style I’ve never seen in person, but Master Splinter
made us study about it…

TEXT BOX
(bottom right)
…and if it’s what I think it is, Casey’s in a lot
more trouble than I thought he was.

PAGE TWELVE:
Full page.
Michelangelo and Donatello are in their sewer home. They are sitting on a tattered, beat up, old couch and are playing classic 8 bit Nintendo.

They each have a controller and they’re shouting at each other.

MIKE
Oh, you sonofabitch. I’m gonna get you
for that.

DON
Not in your wildest dreams mike.

MIKE
No…No …Damn.

DON
That’s right.

MIKE
Never fear. I had another guy.

DON
You’re just mad because I’m kicking your
ass from one end of the ring to the
other.

MIKE
Like hell…



DON
Oh! It’s lights out for
Michelangelo the Magnificent!

MIKE
Damn…


PAGE THIRTEEN:
Panel One:
The computer screen has an 8 bit, two player boxing game on it. One of the boxers is knocked out.

The screen says “GAME OVER”

DON
(off panel)
Well, Mikey. I’m done.

Panel Two:
Don is standing up, Mike is still holding his controller.

MIKE
Done?

DON
Yeah. I gotta get back to work.

MIKE
Work?

Panel Three:
Same as two, except Don’s back is turned, leaving the area. Mike, controller still in hand has turned his head to protest.

MIKE
Taking apart toasters and putting them back
together again isn’t work, Don!


Panel Four:
Don is further away now.

MIKE
Want to go get some food with me?

Panel Five:
Don is gone. Mike remains in the same position as panel three and four.

MIKE
There’s a new Chinese restaurant that just opened!

Panel Six:
CU of Mike.

MIKE
(smaller font, like he’s talking to himself)
Fine then. I’ll just go see if Raph
or Leo want to go, Mr. Bigshot.


PAGE FOURTEEN:
Panel One: Top 1/3 of the page

A door in an alley way with a single light above it. Two Japanese men in suits guard the door. They are wearing ear pieces (you know, like the secret service.)

TEXT BOX
(top left)
I don’t like pissing off the Yakuza.

TEXT BOX
(bottom right)
Not without a damn good reason.

Panel Two: Middle 1/3 of page.
Same panel as above, only Raph has come behind them. He’s directly behind the one on the left. His right arm is around him, pointing a sai into his throat. His left arm is stretched across the doorway so that his sai is in the neck of the other thug.

YAKUZA GUY
(the one on the left)
…what…do you want?

RAPHAEL
I’m looking for someone.

YAKUZA GUY #2
…who?

Panel Three: Bottom 1/3 of page.
Same as panel two, but Raph is clenching his teeth in anger.

RAPHAEL
I’m looking for a mook, runs around in a
hockey mask. Tangled with some
of your boys tonight, only I think
some of your boys got him.

RAPHAEL
(connected to the first bubble)
And if something happens to him, I’m
not going to like it. Not one bit.

PAGE FIFTEEN
One of your classic spreads of Raph beating the shit out of them in five or six poses across the page.

TEXT BOX
They played it hard for a little too long.

TEXT BOX
I had to beat the information out of them…

TEXT BOX
…one punch at a time.

TEXT BOX
(bottom right)
Pretty soon, I have the address of a warehouse
on the east end of town. It could be a trap.
I’ll have to be careful.

PAGE SIXTEEN
Panel One: Top 1/3 of the page.
A warehouse on the East end of town is in the midground through to the background. Raph’s right hand is in the foreground, implying that he’s looking at the building.

Panel Two: left 1/3 of the middle 1/3 of page
Raph is holding binoculars up to his face. The reflection of the building is in the lenses.

TEXT BOX
If this place is really Yakuza, you can bet that there’s
going to be more security than it would seem.

Panel Three: Middle 1/3 of the middle 1/3 of the page
Long shot of two entry doors to the building, two guards are at each. (fisheyed, through binocs)

TEXT BOX
I count four so far.


Panel four: right 1/3 of the middle 1/3 of the page
Same as Panel two

TEXT BOX
That wouldn’t be so bad, but on their home
turf, four turns into forty pretty damn quick.

Panel five: left 1/3 of the bottom 1/3 of the page
Long shot of two snipers on the roof. (fisheyed, through binocs)

TEXT BOX
Number five and six are snipers.

Panel six: middle 1/3 of the bottom 1/3 of the page
Same as panel two and four

TEXT BOX
Two more snipers on the roof. One for
each direction.

Panel seven: right 1/3 of the bottom 1/3 of the page
The windows midway through the building are mucked up and dark. (fisheyed, through binocs)

TEXT BOX
Windows are blacked out.
They’re certainly expecting trouble…

PAGE SEVENTEEN

Panel one: top half of the page.
Long shot of the roof and all four snipers. Raph is crouched on top of the elevated room that has the door leading down the stairs in the warehouse.

TEXT BOX
Too bad for them they weren’t expecting me.

Panel two: bottom left half of bottom half of page.
Mike is in a phone booth on the phone. He’s in his fedora and trench coat

MIKE
Hello? Leo?

ANSWERING MACHINE
(coming from the phone.)
You have reached LEONARDO. Please leave
A message at the tone….

MIKE
Damn.

Panel three: bottom right half of page
Basically the same as panel two

MIKE
Fine. I’ll try Raph.

PAGE EIGHTEEN:
Panel One: left ¼ of the top 1/3 of the page
Close up of the asian sniper on the roof.

Panel Two: middle left ¼ of the top 1/3 of the page
Close up of Raph sneaking up on him

Panel three: middle right ¼ of the top 1/3 of the page
Close up of Mikey dialing a “5” on the pay phone with the tip of a pen

Panel four: right ¼ of the top 1/3 of the page
Raph is in the air, coming down. Silently on the sniper

Panel five: left ¼ of the middle 1/3 of the page
The sniper is limp, dead. Raph is gone.

Panel six: middle left ¼ of the middle 1/3 of the page
Another sniper is watching the street, smoking a cigarette.

Panel seven: middle right ¼ of the middle 1/3 page
Close up of Raph sneaking up on him

Panel eight: right ¼ of the middle 1/3 of the page
Close up: Mike is dialing another number.

Panel nine: left ¼ of the bottom 1/3 of the page
Raph is behind the smoker, ready to kill…

Panel ten: middle left ¼ of the bottom 1/3 of the page
The smoking sniper is falling down limp, Raph is already gone.

Panel eleven: middle right ¼ of bottom 1/3 of page
Mike dials the last number.

Panel twelve:
Medium shot of mike on the phone.

MIKE
You better answer, Raph.

PAGE NINETEEN:
Panel One:
The third sniper is looking through his scope, checking the street out.

Panel Two:
Raph is right behind him.

Panel Three:
Raph is even closer now…

CELL PHONE
DEET! DEET! DEET!

RAPH
Damn!

Panel four:
The sniper has turned in surprise, Shuriken are already in mid flight.

SNIPER
What the…?!

CELL PHONE
DEET! DEET! DEET!

PAGE TWENTY:
Panel One:
Mike is on the phone.

MIKE
Hey, Raph! What’s going on?

Panel Two:
The last sniper is standing over the body of the last sniper.
Raph is hiding behind a vent

RAPH
I’m a little busy right now, Mikey.

Panel Three:
Same as one.

MIKE
Too busy to go get some dinner with your
favorite brother?

Panel Four:
Raph has the fourth sniper in a headlock with one arm and is holding the phone to his ear with the other.

RAPH
Yes. Casey’s in trouble.

Panel Five:
Raph snaps the guys neck.

RAPH
Are the guys with you?

Panel six:
Same as panel one. Mike looks worried.

MIKE
No. What do you mean Casey’s in trouble?

PAGE TWENTY ONE:
Panel one:
Raph is on the roof, and spots a skylight.

RAPH
The Yakuza’s got him. I need you to
Get down here. I’m at a warehouse on the East End.

Panel Two:
Mike is in the phone booth, talking on the phone.

MIKE
And what’s the address?
(beat)
Okay. I’ll be over there as fast as I can.

Panel Three:
Raph is at the skylight.

RAPH
Hurry.

Panel Four:
We see Raph looking down through the skylight. He’s closed his phone.

Panel Five:
Through the skylight, Raph can see Casey tied up to a chair two stories below.

Panel Six:
Same as four, except there are ten Yakuza ninja behind him.

RAPH
Damn you, Casey…

Panel Seven:
One of the Yakuza Ninja has kicked Raph into the skylight.

PAGE TWENTY TWO:

Full page. Raph is falling to the ground in front of Casey. There are Yakuza ninja all over the room. There is shattered glass everywhere.

Raph is shouting:

RAPH
DAAAAAAMN!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salt Lake Comic Con 2017 Schedule

It's time for another year of Salt Lake Comic Con and another hectic schedule for me. But! that doesn't mean it's not a helluva lot of fun. I hope you're able to join me at any of these panels. Especially if you like Star Wars. And please, please, please come to my signing and visit. Get some books signed. I'd love that enormously. Here is my Thursday schedule: Everything here is a highlight. That first panel about behind the scenes of the prequels is with Pablo Hidalgo and I'll be asking him questions about what it was like to be there on set for most of the prequels. Then I'll be asking questions of Michael Biehn, who I've been a fan of since I was a little kid. Aliens and Terminator were favorites. If you want to ask him a question, please hit me up on Twitter with it. I will ask it at the panel. And you don't want to miss Fauxthentic History's Infinity Gauntlet live episode. It's going to be soooo good. Here is Friday:

The Missed Opportunities of Days Gone By

“Hello?” I said into the phone, accepting the call from a number I didn’t recognize. “Hey,” the feminine voice on the other replied, as though I should know the sound of her voice. At a loss, I said, “Can I help you?” “It’s Brooke.” Her name stopped me. It couldn’t possibly be her. We hadn’t spoken in years, a decade perhaps. “Brooke?” “Yeah, Brooke Baker. This is Mark, right?” Jesus Christ. It was her. “Yeah, it is Mark. Brooke. Wow. How are you? It’s been a long time since… well… since anything.” “I know.” “So, how are you doing?” “Okay, I suppose…” Her voice belied her words, though. Something was up. “I… It’s just been so long and I guess I wanted to hear your voice.” “I don’t think I had a number for you. Ever. I offered a couple of times, but…” “I was a brat back then.” And that’s how a random phone call turned into a two-and-a-half hour catch-up session. We spoke of everything under the sun: people we still knew, how different we were, h

The End of an Era and a New Beginning

It's been a long time coming, but I think an upgrade to my web presence was long overdue. I began this blog in 2005 and it's served me well over the last 13 years. My goal in those early days was to write a short story every month. Back then, that was the only writing I was doing. This website, then called "Bryan's Short Story Corner," got me into a regular writing habit. One that I still maintain today. I hoped it would help me get eyeballs on my words and, looking back at some of those early short stories, I shouldn't have wanted any of those eyeballs looking. Today, my Patreon fills that void. There is a dedicated group of supporters there that help subsidize my ability to write short stories on the regular. After I started publishing books, this blog morphed into a place to talk about my projects and writing and it worked well enough for that for a long time. But now I have Twitter and Medium for those functions and they have much cleaner and easi