Skip to main content

The Mighty Thor

I thought you guys might find this interesting. This is a pitch Elias and I wrote for Marvel's Thor. This would have been a cool mini-series. Maybe it still could be...

One year ago Odin slumbered. All was well in the kingdom of Asgard. Although the citizens of Asgard respect their lords rule, during the Odinsleep, Asgardians carry on more freely and with less fear of respite; for when God sleeps, so sleeps his Godly expectations. And for the sons of this God, the same rings true.

While one brother plots in the shadows, the other enjoys the tranquility and reminisces of days filled more with mischievous sibling rivalries and less with evil plots. And on some days, within the God of Evil still resides the God of Mischief. On this day at Odin’s stables mischief is afoot.

The stable door splinters into a million pieces as Loki, astride Odin’s eight legged stallion Sleipnir, rides into the Asgardian countryside in a blaze of mischievous glory. He lets out an exaggerated “YEEE HAW!” As the stallion begins to buck wildly. Suddenly a sonic boom echoes through the countryside. Loki, recognizing the sound, ducks just in time to avoid the wrath of Mjolnir. It shoots past like a bullet and plucks a horn off of his helmet. Loki cackles and continues into the wilderness, further goading Thor.

Thor realizes that if his father were to be missing his horse when he awakes from his week long slumber someone would have to pay, so Thor gives chase.

The Brothers race through the kingdom of Asgard almost playfully. Thor keeps pace with Sleipnir, but never gains. With Godspeed they fly through the Asgardian countryside, through the Temple of Mystics, through the Domain of Storm Giants, through the Norn Forest, over the River of Crystal.

For a moment Thor loses Loki, but finds Odin’s steed caged up neatly in front of a cottage in the Asgardian countryside, there seems to be a mystical lock on the cage. However strong Thor is, try as he might he can’t get the lock off of the cage. Thor shouts at the door for Loki to come out but there is no response.

He shatters the door open with his hammer to reveal...

None other than the Enchantress, dressed scantily and sprawled out on a bed like a tigress.

“Lo, Enchantress where is Loki, the bedeviler of my day?”

“Bound in the back room, my dear Thor.”

“How did thee apprehend him?”

“By seduction.”

“By my fathers beard, I’ll now take Sleipnir and away from thee. Might I have thine key to the lock?”

“There’s only one way to get it...”

Thor looks uneasy, but willing to submit.

“Lay with me, in my bed.” She says.

Thor pauses, but the sinless attitudes that go along with the playfulness of Odinsleep prevail, and we see them lock in for a kiss.

A year has passed. Sleipnir resides in his stables once again. Loki is foiled. Odin awakes. But the Enchantress, she disappears, until the time of the next great Odin sleep, which has arrived since the events a year past. But with her also comes with newborn babe. A child but whose? Loki’s or Thors? They both wonder...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salt Lake Comic Con 2017 Schedule

It's time for another year of Salt Lake Comic Con and another hectic schedule for me. But! that doesn't mean it's not a helluva lot of fun. I hope you're able to join me at any of these panels. Especially if you like Star Wars. And please, please, please come to my signing and visit. Get some books signed. I'd love that enormously. Here is my Thursday schedule: Everything here is a highlight. That first panel about behind the scenes of the prequels is with Pablo Hidalgo and I'll be asking him questions about what it was like to be there on set for most of the prequels. Then I'll be asking questions of Michael Biehn, who I've been a fan of since I was a little kid. Aliens and Terminator were favorites. If you want to ask him a question, please hit me up on Twitter with it. I will ask it at the panel. And you don't want to miss Fauxthentic History's Infinity Gauntlet live episode. It's going to be soooo good. Here is Friday:

The Missed Opportunities of Days Gone By

“Hello?” I said into the phone, accepting the call from a number I didn’t recognize. “Hey,” the feminine voice on the other replied, as though I should know the sound of her voice. At a loss, I said, “Can I help you?” “It’s Brooke.” Her name stopped me. It couldn’t possibly be her. We hadn’t spoken in years, a decade perhaps. “Brooke?” “Yeah, Brooke Baker. This is Mark, right?” Jesus Christ. It was her. “Yeah, it is Mark. Brooke. Wow. How are you? It’s been a long time since… well… since anything.” “I know.” “So, how are you doing?” “Okay, I suppose…” Her voice belied her words, though. Something was up. “I… It’s just been so long and I guess I wanted to hear your voice.” “I don’t think I had a number for you. Ever. I offered a couple of times, but…” “I was a brat back then.” And that’s how a random phone call turned into a two-and-a-half hour catch-up session. We spoke of everything under the sun: people we still knew, how different we were, h

The End of an Era and a New Beginning

It's been a long time coming, but I think an upgrade to my web presence was long overdue. I began this blog in 2005 and it's served me well over the last 13 years. My goal in those early days was to write a short story every month. Back then, that was the only writing I was doing. This website, then called "Bryan's Short Story Corner," got me into a regular writing habit. One that I still maintain today. I hoped it would help me get eyeballs on my words and, looking back at some of those early short stories, I shouldn't have wanted any of those eyeballs looking. Today, my Patreon fills that void. There is a dedicated group of supporters there that help subsidize my ability to write short stories on the regular. After I started publishing books, this blog morphed into a place to talk about my projects and writing and it worked well enough for that for a long time. But now I have Twitter and Medium for those functions and they have much cleaner and easi